Total Pageviews

Monday, November 22, 2010

Are you Brave Enough?

Hong Kong is in the proximity of many Asian countries and Japanese food is one of the most popular cuisines here.  Just walk down the street and you can hardly not see a Japanese restaurant.

A lot of people go to Japan to learn how to cook Japanese food, come back and start their own Japanese restaurants in this Chinese city.  Some local restaurants even hire Japanese chefs direct from Japan.

When I was a student at the University of Wisconsin - Madison in the USA, I met a lot of mid western guys and girls who have never traveled outside the midwest. One guy I knew was from St. Paul, Minnesota.  I remember one time I took him to a Chinese restaurant in Madison, Wisconsin in the USA (mind you, the Chinese restaurants there aren't really Chinese restaurants, at least not like the ones in Hong Kong).  I asked him if he could eat Japanese food like sashimi (thin slices of raw fish).  He said he couldn't.  Take a look at this:

I mean, how can you resist eating this?  Not only it looks beautiful, it also tastes wonderful!  For those who aren't brave enough to devour, the taste is a little sweet but you have to dip the sashimi into soy sauce and wasabi before eating it.  I told this guy he should be a real man and try it.

I once heard from a university professor that the earth is running out of food resources.  As technology advances, people and their submarines can go deep into the ocean and get the seafood from there.  Deep ocean fishes or other animals unfortunately look horrible in their appearance.  Can human beings be brave enough and eat them?

No comments: