Total Pageviews

Thursday, December 23, 2010

A Brief Review of the Tamron 18-270mm F/3.5-6.3 Di II VC Food and Travel Lens

I am a Nikon D3000 user and I have never owned any Tamron lens before.  Last week when I went to Northeastern China, I had to take a travel lens (that is, one single lens for all purposes) with me for food and travel photography.  Before the trip, I got the Tamron 18-270mm F/3.6-6.3 Di II VC lens.  Although the lens covers a wide focal length range, to my surprise it is a relatively light lens.

For daytime landscape shots, it is a lens that exhibits extremely good clarity.  With VC (Vibration Compensation) turned on, it compensates shaky hands at the long range:

In low light situations such as inside a Buddhist museum as shown, the lens can capture vibrant colors with little loss in details:

For closeup food shots at restaurants (usually with low lights), I was able to shoot at much shorter focal lengths with all the details in the food subjects being maintained:

For anyone who needs a versatile lens for food and travel purposes, I highly recommend the Tamron 18-270mm F/3.5-6.3 Di II VC lens.

No comments: